German Staff Cars

Rich Rostrom rrostrom.21stcentury at rcn.com
Wed Jun 7 21:08:12 EDT 2006

 peterwezeman at hotmail.com wrote:

>I have often seen those big Mercedes open-topped staff cars in WW2
>movies... Were other makes in use as well as Mercedes-Benz?

Other makes were in use.

And not all of the ones in the movies are
Mercedes-Benzes - it may just look that
way because Mercedes was the most prominent
and longest lasting manufacturer of cars
with that body style.

Another fairly common make of German staff
car was Horch.

The car which rumbled through the gate in
the opening credits of "Hogan's Heroes"
was a Horch.
--
| He had a shorter,  more scraggly, and even less    |
| flattering beard than Yassir Arafat, and Escalante |